Shortcut Phyllo Apple Tarts
|Apple Pie Filling||1.5 Cans|
|Frozen Phyllo Pastry (thawed)||1 Roll|
|Brown Sugar||2 Tablespoons|
|Powdered Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Butter Flavored Cooking Spray|
Such an easy dessert to throw together at the last minute! Especially if you don’t like to make pastry or pie filling.
Make some Whipped Cream sweetened with Brown Sugar and Vanilla to serve with this if you like, if you cant be bothered just get some Cool Whip or the Cream that comes in a can.
All I added was the Brown Sugar and the Cinnamon to the Pie filling to bump it up a bit.
- Thaw the Phyllo Pastry.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Spray the Pie tins with the Cooking Spray and cut the sheets of Pastry all together in half.
- Lay one sheet of Pastry in the pie tin and spray with more cooking spray, add another sheet in the opposite direction and spray again, each sheet you add try to lay them at different slightly angles, 4 sheets should do it, add a scoop of the Pie filling and crumple & fold the edges in.
- Sprinkle each pie with a Tablespoon of Brown Sugar and a couple of pinches of Cinnamon.
- Repeat for each pie.
- Cut the remaining squares into strips and crumple those on top of each pie, spray again and place into the oven and bake for at least 30 minutes, watch them closely so it doesn’t burn, I found mine took a while longer than I thought. They will get quite brown on top but will not get super crispy underneath, it ok its still cooked.
- Serve them in the pie tins, dusted with Powdered Sugar.