Smoked Paprika Couscous Salad
|Israeli Couscous||8 oz or 1 1/3 Cups|
|Vegetable Stock||2 Cups|
|Fresh Spinach||2 Cups|
|Red & Yellow Grape Tomatoes||2 Cups|
|Roasted Peppers||1 Cup|
|Slivered Almonds||1/3 Cup|
|Fresh Mint||1/4 Cup|
|Feta Cheese||1/4 Cup|
|Olive Oil||1 Tbsp|
|Olive Oil||1/3 Cup|
|White Balsamic Vinegar||2 Tbsp|
|Smoked Paprika||1 1/2 tsp|
|Kosher Salt||1 tsp|
|Black Pepper||1/2 tsp|
This salad uses Israeli Couscous you can find it in most supermarkets, I like to toast it first I think it adds a nice flavor to it!
- Mix Dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil in a large saucepan over a medium/high heat add Couscous and stir until golden and toasty, about 4-5 minutes , pour Vegetable Stock/Broth over the Toasted Couscous and bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium low, cook until just tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Toast the Slivered Almonds in a dry pan for a few minutes until slightly brown and fragrant, keep moving them around the pan so they don’t stick or burn, let cool.
- Coarsely chop the Spinach & Parsley, halve the Tomatoes, Dice the Red Peppers and the Fresh Mint.
- Mix Couscous with the Dressing and then toss with the other ingredients and serve.