Smoky Roasted Chipotle Tomato Soup
|Fresh Tomatoes||1 1/2 lbs|
|Butternut Squash||1 lb|
|Olive Oil||2 Tablespoons|
|Vegetable Broth||1 1/2 Cups|
Spicy hot soup that’s great for any time of the year! It’s super easy as it all goes in the oven together.
Try using large ripe Tomatoes as opposed to Roma Tomatoes as they have more flavor. If its a little weak on the Tomato flavor use some Tomato Paste to amp it up.
Chipotle Peppers are roasted smoked Jalapenos and are inexpensive and easily sourced from most grocery stores in the Latin section in small cans.
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- Quarter the Tomatoes, peel and cube the Butternut Squash, drain the Corn, peel the Garlic Cloves spread over 2 baking trays and drizzle with Olive Oil and Salt, mix until coated.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes tossing the Vegetables once halfway through, keep cooking until the vegetables are roasted and caramelized, it may take longer.
- Place into a large pot and add the Broth & 1/2 the Chipotle Pepper, mix with a stick blender or place in a blender (1/2 at a time), place in the pot and heat.
- Taste check the heat level and season with the extra Chipotle Pepper, blend again if necessary.