Late Summer Kale Salad
|Mixed Greens||2 Cups|
|Cooked Farro||1 Cup|
|Cherry Tomatoes||1 Cup|
|Fresh Mint||8-10 Leaves|
|Spicy Sunflower Seeds||1/4 Cup|
|Feta Cheese (optional)||1/4 Cup|
|Red Wine Vinegar||3 Tablespoons|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoons|
|Guacamole or Avocado||2 Tablespoons|
This is a great salad that incorporates a ton of summer ingredients that you can find everywhere right now.
I based this on a recipe from honsetlyyum.com
- Finely dice the Green Onion and blend together with the other Dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Tear the Kale from the stems and rip into smaller pieces and mix with the Greens and cooked Farro.
- Cut the Watermelon into a large dice and add to the Greens.
- Halve the Tomatoes and throw them in.
- Dice the Cucumber and add it.
- Add the dressing at this point and toss.
- Toss in the Sunflower seeds (and some crumbled Feta if you like.)
- Lastly, add the Mint Leaves and serve.