Super Easy No Knead Bread
|Bread Flour||3 Cups|
|Active dry yeast (not instant)||3/4 teaspoon|
|Lukewarm Water||1 1/2 Cups|
This seriously one of the easiest things I have ever made, it’s practically foolproof. The only special equipment needed is the cast iron or enamel casserole dish with a lid, I got mine from Amazon.
This Bread is practically foolproof, I have left it for an hour or two longer than the recommended time and it turned out fine, I’ve also left it an hour longer than the second rise time and although it was huge it still worked!
- Mix the Flour Yeast, Salt and hot tap Water in a bowl until just blended, it only takes a minute or two. Don’t worry it will look like a sticky mess.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave at room temperature for 3-4 hours. It will be dotted with holes and look shaggy and weird.
- Throw a little Flour on the counter and dump the dough out and fold it over about 10-12 times then form into a rough ball, place on a piece of parchment paper and invert the bowl over the dough and leave for about 35-40 minutes, during this time I place the skillet with the lid in the oven and turn it to 450 degrees. This will heat the skillet which is necessary for the bread texture.
- After the dough has risen for at least 40 minutes carefully lift the hot skillet out and place the dough with the parchment paper into it, replace the lid and place back into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the lid and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes.
- Try not to eat the whole loaf.