Super Easy Strawberry Pie
|Powdered Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Flour||1 1/2 Cups|
|Unsalted Butter||12 Tablespoons|
|Fresh Strawberries||3 Lbs|
|Strawberry Jello||6 oz Package|
|Whipped Cream||1 Cup|
Super easy strawberry pie, if you want any more shortcuts you could buy a pre-made crust and use whipped cream from a can, but it’s just so easy the original way.
The Crust dough will seem very soft, I press mine down after it comes out of the oven if it gets too puffy.
To make the Whipped cream add 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream to a mixer with 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar and a teaspoon of Vanilla.
- Make the Shortbread Crust by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all the Crust ingredients to a food processor and mix until it forms a ball.
- Press into a deep-dish pie tin and bake for about 15 minutes until it just starts to get a golden color around the edge.
- Take out and let cool.
- Add the Cornstarch, Sugar & Water to a saucepan and bring to a boil, it should take about 5 minutes to dissolve the sugar, it should be thick and almost clear looking when it’s done.
- Take it off the heat, zest the Lemon and add that and the Strawberry Jello and stir to combine.
- Let it cool in a large bowl, stirring occasionally, it will start to thicken, while its cooling wash and cut the tops off the Strawberries.
- When the Jello mixture is cool and thickened stir the Strawberries through it and spoon into the crust.
- Keep in the fridge until set then pipe with Whipped Cream and serve.