Toasted Farro Kale Salad
|Lacinto Kale||2 Cups|
|Dried Cranberries/Cherries||1/2 Cup|
|Feta or Goat Cheese||4 Tbsp|
|Vegetable Broth||2 Cups|
|Olive oil||1/3 Cup|
|Salt & Pepper|
This recipe is adapted from a recipe by Chef Giada DeLaurentis’ (Food Network). I love all the healthy ingredients and the flavors are amazing.
- Make the dressing by zesting the Orange and Lemon and then juicing them whisk with the Olive Oil, add the Oregano and Salt & Pepper, set aside.
- Toast the Walnuts in a dry pan for about 3 minutes until toasted, keep shaking the pan so they don’t burn.
- While the pan is still warm add a teaspoon of Olive oil and add the Diced Shallots (note I did not read before I made mine !)
- Heat a little Olive Oil in a pot and toast Farro while stirring for about 5 minutes, pour in the Vegetable Stock and boil according to package directions, I use the Trader Joe’s brand I boil it for about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Tear the Kale from the stems and rip into bite size pieces, peel and cut Cucumbers into a large dice.
- Dice the Dried Cherries into smaller size you can do the same for the Cranberries but they are usually small enough.
- Add the dressing while the Farro is still warm.
- Throw in the Kale, Shallots, Cucumber and Dried Cherries and toss together.
- Top with the Goat or Feta Cheese and serve at room temperature.