Tomato & Corn Tart with Cornmeal Crust
|Yellow Cornmeal||1/2 Cup|
|Olive Oil||1/4 Cup|
|Heavy Cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh Corn Cobs||3-4|
|Grated White Cheddar Cheese||1 Cup|
|Heavy Cream||1/2 Cup|
|Mixed Herb Seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
This combines some great summer ingredients but you could make it year round!
- Make the Crust by mixing all the ingredients together and pressing into a 9-inch tart pan, place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Place the tart pan on a baking sheet.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the kernels from the Cobs and place in a bowl, crush some of the kernels with a fork or a stick blender.
- Mix the Egg & Cream together until smooth add the Seasoning and stir.
- Scatter the some of the Cheese onto the cooled crust then slice the Tomatoes into about 1/4 inch thick.
- Season with Salt & Pepper and top with the rest of the Cheese and then spoon the Corn on, finely dice the Parsley & Chives and sprinkle on top. Reserve a little for decorating.
- Pour the Egg mixture into the tart pan and place into the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the filling is almost set.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 15-30 minutes.