Vegan Kung Pao Cauliflower
|Olive Oil||2 Tablespoons|
|Kosher Salt||1/4 teaspoon|
|Gluten Free Tamari or Low Sodium Soy Sauce||3 Tablespoons|
|Rice Vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili Paste Sambal Oelek||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame Oil||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh Grated Ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown Sugar/Coconut Sugar||1 teaspoon|
|Boston or Butter Lettuce Leaves||6-8|
|Salted Roasted Cashews||1/2 Cup|
|Sliced Hothouse Cucumber||1/2|
A great vegan take on Kung Pao Chicken. It is very spicy so if you want to tame it a bit use half the amount of Sambal Oelek which you can find in the Asian section of your grocery store.
You could also serve this with noodles or Rice.
I saw this recipe on jessicaseinfeld.com
- Heat the oven to 425 Degrees.
- Cut the Cauliflower into small florets and place on a sheet pan and drizzle with the Olive Oil and sprinkle with Salt, toss with your hands until coated. Roast for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown tossing once while cooking.
- While the Cauliflower is roasting combine the Tamari, Rice Vinegar, Sambal Oelek, Sesame Oil, Ginger, Brown Sugar, Water & Cornstarch.
- Heat the mixture over a medium high heat until thickened.
- Once the Cauliflower has finished cooking toss with the Sauce so its coated and serve with the Lettuce Leaves, Cucumber, Cilantro & Cashews.