Vegetarian Mexican Wontons
|Wonton Wrappers||1 Package|
|Mexi Corn||1 Can drained|
|Cream Cheese||1 Package|
|Queso Fresco||1/2 Cup|
|Chili Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Garlic or Onion Salt||1/2 teaspoon|
These can be made in advance and kept in the freezer until you need them.
Make sure the Cream Cheese is at room temperature or soften it before using.
Any type of canned Corn with Red & Green Peppers will work fine.
- Have a baking tray lined with paper towels or parchment paper ready to place the finished Wontons on.
- Mix the drained Corn with the Cream Cheese, crumble the Queso Fresco and add the seasonings.
- Finely dice the Cilantro & Jalapeno and add that to the Corn mixture.
- Add the Mayonnaise and stir together.
- Place about 3 Wonton wrappers on the counter and wet 2 adjoining edges (This is what they should look like) fold into a triangle shape then take the long points and seal with a little more water so they stick together.
- Heat the Oil to 375 degrees and fry about 4-5 Wontons for about 3 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on a wire cooling rack or paper towels and serve hot with Salsa.