White Bean Grilled Asparagus Toasts
|White Beans||1 Can|
|Artichoke Hearts||12 oz Jar|
|Olive Oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Tahini||1 1/2 Tablespoons|
|Salt & Pepper|
|Italian Bread||1 Loaf|
Such an easy dish to throw together as and appetizer or a quick lunch.
- Slice the Red Onion and add to a small bowl with 2 Tablespoons of Sugar, 2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar then enough warm water to barely cover it, and set aside.
- Make the White Bean Puree by adding the Garlic to a saucepan with a little Oil and cook for about a minute or two then add the drained Beans and mix through.
- Remove from the heat and zest and juice the Lemon, add the Tahini and drained Artichoke Hearts & Parsley then blend with a stick blender or throw in a food processor and season with Salt & Pepper.
- Grill the Asparagus in a hot grill pan with a little Olive Oil and grill for about 5 minutes until they just start to bend. Do the same for the bread toasting it on both sides.
- Spoon the Bean Puree onto the Bread and top with the Asparagus and Red Onions.