Winter Broccoli Kale Apple Salad
|Brussel Sprouts||2 Cups|
|Broccoli||1 1/2 Cups|
|Glazed Walnuts or Pecans||1 Cup|
|Olive Oil||1/4 Cup|
|Sherry Vinegar||4 Tbl|
|Salt & Pepper|
Healthy salad for fall or winter, featuring great textures and flavors. I don’t eat turkey but this salad would make a good side dish for turkey or roast chicken.
This is very quick and easy to prepare and it holds up well so it can be made ahead of time.
If you added almond milk I think this would probably make a decent smoothie!
I love using honeycrisp apples in this salad so it keeps the fall/winter theme but you can use any apple you like.
There is a lot of shortcuts to take with this salad like buying pre-sliced brussel sprouts and the bagged kale works great in a pinch, just pick through it to remove the stem pieces.
You can buy the glazed nuts in a package at most grocery stores.
- Chop Broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Shred Brussel sprouts (or but them already sliced).
- Chop Kale after removing the bitter stems ( or buy the bag of pre chopped Kale remove thick stems).
- Dice apples last mix with a little of the dressing to prevent them from browning.
- Mix all ingredients together and place a few extra glazed walnuts & cranberries on top.