Winter Kale Salad
|Fresh Cranberries||1 Cup|
|Toasted or Candied Walnuts||1 Cup|
|Goats Cheese||1/2 Cup|
|Fresh Cranberries||1 cup|
|Fresh Ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive Oil||1/2 Cup|
|Rice Wine Vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Maple Syrup||2 Tablespoons|
I love salad all year round, and I love using ingredients that are in season as well, even though you can get anything anytime, I still prefer to use things that are at their peak.
The Cranberry Dressing is a great accompaniment to this Salad, it adds a real kick, make sure you strain it first so you get rid of all the little hard bits. You can use fresh Ginger Root or if you cant be bothered use the Ginger you can buy in tube in the produce department.
- Make the Dressing by peeling the Ginger and grating it into a food processor, then add all the remaining ingredients and blend, then pour into a sieve over a container to catch the dressing.
- Tear the Kale off the stem and mix with the Arugula, add to a bowl.
- Slice the Apple and fan out over the Salad.
- Add the Walnuts and crumble the Cheese, arrange the Cranberries on top.
- Serve with the Dressing on the side.