Easiest Key Lime Parfait Ever
|Condensed Milk||1 Can|
|Key Lime Juice||1/2 Cup|
|Cream Cheese||1 8oz package|
|Shortbread or Biscoff Cookies||1 Package|
|Melted Butter||2 Tblsp|
|Cool Whip or Whipped Cream||2 Cups (whipped)|
This key lime parfait be my easiest recipe yet. I am almost reluctant to post this since everyone will find out I have spent 10 minutes making their favorite dessert! (maybe I wont have to make it as much if everyone has the recipe?) Typing this takes longer than making it.
The Biscoff cookies add a great ginger flavor & I personally think Graham crackers taste like drywall.
I usually keep these ingredients on hand all the time as they all have a great shelf life and I can whip it up any time I get asked to bring a dessert. They Key Lime Juice I use is Nellie & Joes you can find it everywhere, don’t bother squeezing those little buggers, its too hard, you will be in tears just to get a tablespoon and it makes no difference to the flavor.
- Mix room temperature Cream Cheese (leave out of the fridge for an hour or so) until smooth, I do mine in a mixer but don’t sweat if you don’t have one, a hand mixer or a good old whisk with a bowl works fine.
- Mix in Condensed Milk until it is well blended, no lumps of Cream Cheese.
- Add Key Lime Juice last and mix well, this is the step that tightens up the whole thing and it starts to thicken it.
- THATS IT !! of course put it in the fridge until you need it (at least a few hours but overnight is better)
- Blend or crush the Cookies of your choice and mix in the melted Butter. the Biscoff cookies add a great ginger flavor & I think Graham crackers taste like drywall.
- Assemble the Parfaits by spooning the Cookie Crumbs into a glass, bowl or shooter glass, shake it till its level then either spoon the Key Lime mixture or pour into a Zip Lock bag then snip off the lower corner and squeeze on top of Crumbs (it will Spread so don’t worry) Spoon Cool Whip or Whipped Cream on top and garnish with Grated Lime peel of sprinkle some Cookie Crumbs on top.
- Keep Refridgerated