3 Ingredient Lemon Posset
|Heavy Cream||2 Cups|
|Lemon Zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon Juice||6 Tablespoons|
|Whipped Cream||1/2 Cup|
|Fresh Berries||1/2 Cup|
Only 3 Ingredients for a dessert, what’s easier than that?
This is traditionally served with Shortbread cookies.
- In a medium saucepan heat the Cream, Lemon Zest and Sugar to a boil over a medium heat. Continue boiling until the Sugar dissolves. If it starts to boil over take it off the heat for bit and then continue to boil for about 8-12 minutes until it has reduced to about 2 Cups.
- Remove mixture from the heat and add the Lemon Juice. Cool the mixture slightly until a skin forms on top (about 20 minutes). Strain the mixture through a mesh sieve, discard the zest left in the sieve.
- Divide the mixture into individual glasses or jar’s.
- Refrigerate uncovered for about 3 hours then cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with Whipped Cream and Berries if desired.