Baked Brie in a Puff Pastry Spiral
|Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets||1 Box|
|Double Cream Brie Round||1|
|Kosher Salt||1 teaspoon|
|Runny Honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour for dusting|
This is so easy and its a great party dish. Tear off chunks of the pastry and dip them in the cheese!
The only reason I said to use the Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry is there are 2 sheets in the box, however if you want to use the Wewalka one you find in the refrigerated biscuits, its already thawed and has the parchment paper underneath just buy 2.
You can also substitute Camembert Cheese for the Brie, another substitute is using Cranberry Jam instead of the Honey if you like, I served mine on the side.
- Pre Heat the oven to 400 Degrees.
- Flour the surface you will be rolling this out on.
- Roll out the Pastry into a larger rectangle shape, and so you flatten out the seams, repeat for the other piece so they are the same length.
- Brush with a little Oil and them brush on some Honey and sprinkle with Salt.
- Roll the Pastry up (not too tight)from the longest edge.
- Slice each log lengthwise down the middle then twist them loosely you want to leave room for them to rise during baking.
- Place the wood or cardboard container in the center of a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Place the Pastry twists around the container, sealing the ends together gently.
- Remove the container and replace it with the Cheese and score the top (I didn’t as you can see) then brush the Pastry with the beaten Egg.
- Place in to oven and bake for at least 25-35 minutes until the Pastry is golden brown all the way to the center, you may need to put foil around the edges if its browning too fast on the outside.
- Wait about 15 minutes before serving as it is lava hot.