|Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet||1 roll|
|Brie Cheese||1 Round|
|Cranberry Relish||3-4 Tblsp|
This is such an easy dish to make and it looks so impressive! This can also be made with any type of jam or chutney (sweet, spicy or savory) it really doesn’t matter.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and trim into a large circle as it needs to go up the sides and fold on top of the cheese (doesn’t have to be perfect) then transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Trim the wax from the top of the Brie wheel leaving the sides and bottom intact.
- Place the Brie in the center of the pastry square.
- Spoon your chutney or jam on the top of the Brie.
- Begin folding the pastry into the center of the Brie overlapping each fold using a little water, it doesn’t have to be perfect (as you can see from my picture) just as long as it seals and leaves no gaps for anything to ooze out.
- Use a pastry brush or a paper towel to dust off the excess flour from the top of the pastry before you brush it with the beaten egg.
- Bake in oven until golden brown, about 30 to 45 minutes, you are only cooking the pastry, the cheese just melts.
- Serve with baguette rounds & crackers, sliced apples or pears, sliced cucumbers, radishes or any vegetables you prefer.
- Garnish with cranberries or any fruits that work with the chutney or jam you have used.