Banana Roulade with Caramel Cream
|Cake Flour||1 Cup|
|Baking Soda||1/2 teaspoon|
|Baking Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Sugar||3/4 Cup (divided)|
|Vanilla Extract||1 teaspoon|
|Grated Lemon Peel||1 teaspoon|
|Powdered Sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Mascarpone Cheese||8 oz|
|Brown Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1/2 teaspoon|
|Whipped Cream||1 Cup|
|Caramel Ice Cream Topping||2 Tablespoons|
A yummy, light, and spongy banana cake with a creamy caramel filling. Topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce!
- Pre Heat the oven to 375 Degrees.
- Spray a 10 x 15 Baking Sheet with cooking spray then place a piece of parchment paper on top.
- Mix the Eggs in mixer with half the 3/4 cup of Sugar for about 5 minutes until pale yellow and smooth. Mash the Banana and add the Vanilla and Lemon Zest, add to the Egg mixture.
- Sift the Flour, Baking Soda, Salt & Baking powder into a bowl and set aside.
- In a mixer beat the Egg Whites until foamy then add the remaining amount of the Sugar a Tablespoon at a time while mixing at a medium then high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add the Flour mixture to the Egg Mixture then gently fold in the Egg Whites
- Spread the mixture evenly onto the lined baking sheet, then bang each side of the baking sheet on the counter to release any air pockets.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until the center springs back when pressed gently.
- Take out and cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes
- Lay a clean kitchen towel on the counter and dust it with Sugar.
- After the Banana Sponge has cooled slightly turn it out cake side down onto the kitchen towel and carefully peel the parchment paper off the cake then roll it up in the towel starting at the short end.
- Keep it rolled up and let cool while you whip up the filling.
- Whip the Cream with the Mascarpone until thick then add the Powdered Sugar then remove about a 3/4 cup and place into a piping bag. Add the Caramel to the remaining Whipped Cream mixture.
- Carefully unroll the Sponge and evenly spread the Caramel filling over it and roll it up the same way as before, keeping the seam at the bottom.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar and decorate with the Whipped Cream in the piping bag.
- Drizzle some Caramel Sauce over the top and add a few Banana Slices.