Berry Cream Cheese Danish
|Puff Pastry||1 Package|
|Mixed Berry Pie Filling or Jam||1/2 Cup|
|Cream cheese||1 Package|
|Ricotta Cheese||6 Tablespoons|
|Lemon Juice||2 Tablespoons|
|Powdered Sugar||1/4 Cup|
This all comes from packages so it is so easy to put together, you can change it to any flavor you like strawberry or blueberry would work well. Use jam if you don’t have pie filling just water it down a little so it spreads easier.
Use the Puff Pastry you find in the freezer section, just leave it in the fridge to thaw overnight. I found a new brand in the refrigerated dough section at Wal Mart and it already thawed it was great.
- Pre Heat the oven to 400 Degrees.
- Mix the Cream Cheese, Ricotta, Lemon Juice & Sugar together.
- Place the thawed Pastry on a parchment lined Baking sheet.
- Cut the pastry into strips in a downward facing pattern, the same on each side, leaving a wide strip down the middle for the filling.
- Spoon the Cream Cheese Mixture on the middle panel, smooth it out with the back of a spoon, spoon the Pie Filling on top of that.
- Start folding the Pastry strips, alternating sides so they overlap.
- Brush with a beaten Egg with a Tablespoon of water added to it.
- Bake for about 20 Minutes or until golden brown.
- When the Danish has cooled dust with Powdered Sugar and serve.