Bocconcini Tomato Basil Salad
|Boconcinni (marinated in oil)||1 Tub|
|Panko Breadcrumbs||2 Cups|
|Mini Romaine/ Little Gems Lettucess||3|
|Cherry Tomatoes||2 Cups|
|Oil (from the tub)||1/4 Cup|
|Fresh Basil Leaves||1/4 Cup|
|White Balsamic Vinegar||3 Tablespoons|
This is a great salad that would pair well with a piece of grilled salmon or even pasta. The best part is you can make the dressing & crumb the bocconcini the day before and place it in the freezer so its just a matter of putting it together before you serve it.
- Make the Dressing by adding most of the Oil from draining the Bocconcini to a small bowl and add the Vinegar, finely dice the Basil and add that to it and blend together, season with Salt & Pepper if needed.
- Whisk Eggs in small bowl and add Flour to another and season with Italian Herbs.
- Add the Panko to another small bowl.
- Place in the Freezer for at least 2 hours better overnight.
- Arrange the sliced Lettuce and cut the Tomatoes in half and scatter over the Lettuce spoon some Dressing over the Salad.
- Heat the Oil and fry the Bocconcini until golden brown then place on top of the Salad and serve.