Charred Carrot Miso Soup
|Yellow Onions||1 lb|
|Miso Paste||3-6 Tablespoons|
|Canola Oil||3 Tablespoons|
|Vegetable Broth||1 Box|
|Miso Broth||1/2 Box|
Easy soup to make with very few ingredients, the only strange one is miso paste, its found in the produce section of most grocery stores, I used the mellow white miso, but yellow would work too just use a little less.
The Vegetable Broth and the Miso Broth I found at Walmart.
- Pre Heat the oven to 425 Degrees.
- Peel and cut the Carrots into 1 inch chunks and place on an oven tray that you have rubbed with a bit of Canola Oil.
- Do the same for the Onions and place those on a separate tray with the Celery cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Roast for about 1 Hour, rotating the trays and turning over the Veges so they char evenly they will get quite dark and that’s what you are looking for.
- When roasted and charred add to a large pot and add the Broth.
- Add the Miso Paste 1 Tablespoon at a time tasting as you go.
- Using either a Blender or a stick blender, blend the soup until the desired texture, if you use a blender do it in batches.
- Thin it out with water or more Broth.