Cheaters Vanilla Custard Slice
|Puff Pastry (Thawed)||2 Sheets|
|Whipping Cream||1 1/2 Cups|
|Vanilla Pudding Mix||1 Box|
|Vanilla Bean Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Seedless Raspberry Jam||4 Tablespoons|
|Half & Half||1/2 Cup|
|Powdered Sugar||1/4 Cup|
A great shortcut dessert that requires very little effort to throw together.
Trade the Raspberry Jam for any flavor you like.
- Heat the oven to 400 Degrees.
- Place parchment paper on a baking tray.
- Roll the Pastry so its a little bit larger and the joins are slightly less deep.
- Place on the parchment paper and place another on top with another baking sheet on top so it doesn’t rise.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, then repeat the process for the second sheet.
- Let cool.
- Mix the Vanilla Pudding mix with 1/2 Cup of Half & Half & Vanilla Bean paste until smooth.
- Add the Vanilla Pudding mix to a mixing bowl and whip until smooth then add the some of the Cream until smooth then add the rest of the Cream it will be quite thick.
- Spread Raspberry Jam on one piece of the Pastry the (use the browner side for the inside) then spread the Cream mixture on the browner side of the other Pastry piece and cut into pieces and dust with Powdered Sugar and serve.