|Oil for frying|
These are chewy and delicious and super easy to make. It’s just deep fried Choux Pastry (what can be simpler than that!)
You can serve Nutella or Cream on the side but they are perfect on their own.
- Heat the Oil to 350 – 375 Degrees.
- Boil the Water, Butter , Sugar & Salt, then throw the Flour into the pot and stir vigorously until it forms a smooth ball this also takes out any extra moisture.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes then add the Eggs one at a time stirring well after each one, you should be let with a shiny smooth dough.
- Mix the Cinnamon & Sugar together.
- Spoon the Dough into a piping bag fitted with a large tip and squeeze 2 inch pieces (cut them off with scissors) into the hot Oil and cook for about 5 minutes or until just over golden brown, this all depends on how thick they are I usually do 1 as a tester and time it to see how long it takes.
- Right when it comes out of the oil toss it in the Cinnamon Sugar (I put mine in a zip lock bag)
- Serve hot.