Cilantro Tomatillo Ranch Dressing (Café Rio)
|Hidden Valley Ranch Mix||1 package|
|Sour Cream or Buttermilk||1 Cup|
I have no idea if this is the actual recipe for Café Rio’s dressing, but it tastes so good that it doesn’t matter!
I love a recipe that allows you to dump everything into a food processor or blender, and that is pretty much how to make this dressing.
You don’t need both the Buttermilk and the Sour Cream if you are using it for a dip use the Sour Cream if its just for a Salad Dressing use the Buttermilk, if you don’t have Buttermilk and lets face it who does ! use a cup of regular milk and add either a tablespoon of Lemon Juice or a Tablespoon of Vinegar I make mine a little thicker than they do, I have to make it for Vegetable Appetizers so it needs to be able to stand up.
- Remove the husk from the Tomatillos and quarter them.
- Using plastic gloves or slip your hands into two Ziploc bags, don’t laugh it works ! cut the top off the Jalapeno and cut it in half, with your covered hands scoop out the seeds and membranes, if you like it hot leave them in.
- Cut the top off the Cilantro, just use the top leaves & stems, leave the bottom stems.
- Peel the Garlic clove.
- Dump all ingredients into a food processor or blender
- Squeeze the lime juice in and blend this tightens it all up.
- Refrigerate until it is needed & try not to put it on everything.