Couscous Chopped Salad with Fresh Herb Dressing
|Israeli Couscous||2 Cups|
|Dried Cranberries||1/3 Cup|
|Dried Apricots||1/3 Cups|
|Grilled Corn Kernels||2 Cups|
|Fresh Arugula||4 Cups|
|Cherry Tomatoes||1 Cup|
|Roasted Sunflower Seeds||1/2 Cup|
|Crispy Quinoa||1/2 Cup|
|Red Onion||1/2 Cup|
|Sherry Vinegar||1/4 Cup|
|Olive Oil||1/4 Cup|
|Chopped Chives||1/2 Cup|
|Fresh Basil||1/4 Cup|
|Salt & Pepper|
Adding couscous to this salad makes it a more substantial salad that eliminates the need for a lot of side dishes when you serve it.
To make the Quinoa crispy you add cooked quinoa to a pan heated with a little Olive Oil in it until golden brown let cool on a paper towel.
- Cook the Couscous according to the package then run under cold water to cool down, toss with a little Olive Oil so it doesn’t stick together.
- Strip the Corn from the cob and grill the Corn Kernels (or buy the cans of Grilled Corn).
- Make the Dressing by throwing everything into a food processor and blending until smooth, set aside in the refrigerator.
- Chop Apricots & dice the Red Onion, halve the Tomatoes and chop the Arugula roughly, add to a bowl.
- Add the cooled Couscous, cooled Corn and Sunflower Seeds.
- Mix together and Serve with the Dressing on the side.
- Top with the Crispy Quinoa.