Creme Brulee French Toast
|French Baguette Loaf||1|
|Half & Half||1/2 Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 teaspoon|
|Brown Sugar||1/2 Cup|
What a great dish for a crowd! You can make this the night before and bake it in the oven in the morning, no fuss and no standing over a skillet while everyone else enjoys Brunch & you get the cold leftovers.
I like my French Toast kind of crispy so at the end I put mine under the broiler, it’s really not necessary so you can just flip the pieces and keep cooking at 350.
If you throw this together at the last minute you can still do it, just give it an hour or so to soak in.
- Zest the Orange and squeeze the juice from 1 half.
- Add the Eggs, Milk, Half & Half, Vanilla, Cinnamon & Salt.
- Mix all the ingredients together and whisk until smooth.
- Cut the Baguette into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the liquid in a shallow dish and place the Baguette pieces into the dish.
- Cover the dish and place in the fridge and leave overnight if you need too.
- About and hour before cooking turn the Bread over and continue to refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the Butter and add it to the Brown Sugar, spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the Baguette pieces on to the tray on top of the Brown Sugar mixture & bake for 20 minutes then flip the pieces over and turn on the broiler & cook for another 5-10 minutes. Keep and eye on it as it can burn quick, depending on your broiler it may not take as long.
- Serve with sliced Strawberries, Powdered Sugar even Whipped Cream if you like.