Crispy Buttermilk Fried Cauliflower
|Coriander Powder||2 teaspoon|
|Cayenne Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Salt||1 3/4 teaspoons|
|Garlic Powder||1 teaspoon|
|Tumeric Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
|Onion Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
A great side dish for Indian food or a great Indian flavored appetizer.
Serve with a spiced Yogurt or Cucumber Ranch for dipping.
If you don’t want to cut up the Cauliflower most stores sell bags of pre cut florets.
- Add all the Spices and the Buttermilk to a large zip lock bag or large bowl.
- Break up the Cauliflower into bite size florets. Add to the Buttermilk mixture.
- Mix it until all covered well. Marinate for at least an hour.
- Heat the Oil to about 350 Degrees. If using a pot estimate how much Oil you would need to cover the Cauliflower pieces.
- While the Oil is heating, add the flour to a bowl along with a few tablespoons of the Buttermilk marinade.
- Cover the Cauliflower well and drop a few pieces at a time into the hot Oil, cook until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot.