Crunchy Phyllo Vegetable Rolls
|White Mushrooms||3 Cups|
|Roasted Red Pepper Strips||1 Cup|
|Artichoke Hearts||1/2 Cup|
|Fresh Parsley||1 Bunch|
|Shaved or Grated Parmesan||1/2 Cup|
|Olive Oil||4 Tablespoons|
|All Purpose Seasoning||1-2 Tablespoons|
Phyllo Pastry may seem complicated but it really is quite foolproof to work with, I am sure you should brush each leaf of Pastry with Butter but I couldn’t be bothered, so I just rolled them up and put it on the outside. I used about 6 Tablespoons of Olive Oil melted with about 4 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter.
The Phyllo Pastry I used comes frozen from the grocery store and has 2 rolls per box, let it thaw in the fridge overnight. Because it is thin and fragile make sure the Vegetables are as dry and cool as possible so they don’t soak through the Pastry.
- Cut the Zucchini into halves lengthwise and then into quarters.
- Cut the Mushrooms into quarters and then halve those quarters.
- Drain the Roasted Red Peppers & the Artichoke Hearts and rinse them and pat them dry.
- Heat a grill pan and add a little Olive Oil and cook the Zucchini first with some All Purpose Seasoning and when it starts to soften and brown remove it and set aside to cool.
- Do the Same for the Mushrooms, leave them to drain on a paper towel.
- Pre Heat oven to 400 Degrees.
- When the Vegetables are room temperature lay out the Phyllo, it comes wrapped in plastic just unroll the first roll and then separate the sheets in half so you make 2 rolls at a time keep the sheets you aren’t using yet under a damp cloth (I used damp Paper towels).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper then lay the first lot of Phyllo sheets, brush those with some Olive Oil mixed with Melted Butter.
- Lay some of the Vegetables (no more than a cup or so) lengthwise on the Pastry and sprinkle with Parmesan start rolling with both hands, brush the outside with some more of the Olive Oil/Butter mix.
- Do the same for the remaining pastry you will have 4 Rolls.
- Bake at 400 for about 25-45 minutes, when you see they are browned take them out of the oven to cool slightly before serving.
- Sprinkle with chopped Parsley.