Easy Individual Vegetarian Mushroom Pies
|Pillsbury Crescent Sheets or Pie dough||3 rolls|
|Baby Portobella Mushrooms||1 24 oz Package|
|Sliced white mushrooms||1 16 oz package|
|Sachets of dry Mushroom Gravy||2|
|Milk||1 1/2 Cups|
|Italian Parsley||1/2 a bunch|
|Mixed Herbs||2 Tblsp|
|Onion Powder||1 Tblsp|
This pie is so easy and tasty, I love it! I made it by accident while I was making something else. I got bored, found some Crescent dough and made pies instead and I have continued to make it this way ever since, If you don’t like Mushrooms skip to another recipe as it’s all about the Mushrooms!
I have made this pie with Pie dough (use the one in the Lemon Custard Pie Recipe just omit the sugar) and you must increase the cooking time until it turns brown, the crescent roll dough is cheap & easy and there are a ton of frozen pie doughs you could use any will work. You may have some dough left over if you have any filling make a mini pie or tart.
Also I used the mini loaf tins you buy in a 4 Pack from Wal-mart for $5, but any dish will do, even one big pie would work, never done it but it should work.
You could mix some Cream Cheese through it if you like a creamy Mushroom Flavor. The last ones I made I added a few slices of Brie that I had.
- Rinse Mushrooms under cold water.
- Remove the stems and cut the Baby Bella Mushrooms into quarters.
- Cook the Mushrooms in separate non-stick pans with the seasonings, I don’t add any water or oil, just cook on a low/med heat until they are soft on the surface but still a little firm to the touch. If they stick too much add a small cube of Butter.
- Make the Gravy by combining both sachets with the Milk and bring to a boil while stirring then reduce the heat to low and cook for another minute or so until thick. If you leave it sitting to long and its too thick add a little more milk or water.
- Combine the Mushrooms together with the gravy and chopped Parsley, just stir to combine. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut dough about 2-3 inches larger than the tin or dishes you are using as it will need to overlap a little to seal the pie.
- Spray the tins with non-stick cooking spray and place the dough on them evenly.
- Spoon the Mushroom mix into the center leaving enough room at the top for the dough fold over and seal with abit of water on your fingertip.
- Brush the top with the beaten egg.
- Cook for about 45 minutes to an hour, it will be quite brown but don’t worry it needs to cook the sides and bottom as well.