Easy Vietnamese Salad
|Bean Sprouts||3 Cups|
|Fresh Mint||1/2 Cup|
|French Fried Onions||1/2 Cup|
|Red Thai Chillis||2|
|Bean Thread Noodles||1.5 Cups|
|Rice Wine Vinegar||3 Tablespoons|
|Fresh Lime Juice||6 Tablespoons|
|Fresh Ginger||2 Teaspoons|
|Fish Sauce||2 Tablespoons|
|Vegetable Oil||3 Tablespoons|
|Red Chili Paste||1 teaspoon|
|Crushed Garlic||2 Cloves|
We make this salad a lot in our house and it is a crowd favorite! It can be easily doubled too.
I used Roasted Salted Cashews in mine and those combined with the Fish Sauce add enough Salt to the dish.
You can easily make this Vegan by using a Vegan fish Sauce instead of the regular one. Adjust the Dressing to taste.
The amount of Limes you will need for the Dressing is about 3 whole Limes.
- Make the Dressing and set aside to let the flavors blend.
- Slice the Cucumber in half then deseed and slice into half moon shapes.
- Thinly slice the Red Onion into this strips. Do the same with the Red Peppers.
- Peel and matchstick the Carrots.
- Make the Bean Thread Noodles according to the package (it usually involves boiling water and letting the Noodles soak for 3-5 minutes) let them cool by running them under cold water and add a little dressing so it won’t stick together.
- Dump all the Vegetables into a bowl and add the rinsed Bean Sprouts, roughly tear the Mint leaves, then add the Cilantro leaves and Cashews.
- Toss with the Noodles and Dressing right before serving.