Fall Harvest Bowl Salad with Maple Mustard Dressing
|Baby Kale Mix||3 Cups|
|Cherry Tomatoes||1 Cup|
|Pumpkin Seeds||1/4 Cup|
|Canola Oil||2 Tablespoons|
|Onion or Garlic Salt||1 Tablespoon|
Maple Dijon Dressing
|Maple Syrup||3 Tablespoons|
|Whole Grain Dijon||2 Tablespoons|
|Light Olive Oil||1/4 Cup|
I hate fall and winter however this salad makes it a little more bearable while I wait for the seasons to change!
You could totally replace the Golden Beets with Butternut Squash which you can buy already cubed, just throw it in with the Cauliflower and they don’t take as long as the Cauliflower so keep an eye on it, it can get soft quick.
Also when the Beets were cool enough to cut into cubes I put mine in a bowl with some Vinegar, Maple Syrup and water with a teaspoon of Turmeric for color, and let them sit overnight.
- Pre Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the Dressing by juicing the Lemon and whisking the ingredients together so they all come together and emulsify. Put aside while you make the Salad.
- Separate the Cauliflower into florets and toss with a little Oil and Onion Salt. Trim the Greens off the Golden Beets and wrap in foil and then place in the oven with the Cauliflower. Roast the Cauliflower for about 40 minutes tossing halfway through cooking.
- Remove the Cauliflower from the oven and set aside while the Beets continue to cook they will take about another hour. I cooked mine for about another 30 minutes and then turned off the oven and let them sit in the foil and they were quite soft. (I made mine the day before)
- When the Vegetables are cool peel the skin off the Golden Beets and cut into cubes, toss in a large bowl with the Greens.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and throw them in, sprinkle the Sunflower Seeds & Pomegranate Seeds and serve with the Dressing.