Fall Radicchio Pear Salad
|Kale||4-5 large leaves|
|Arugula||3 Cups / 1 Bag|
|Manchego Cheese||1 Cup|
|Toasted Walnuts||1/2 Cup|
|Walnut Oil||1/2 Cup|
|White Balsamic Vinegar||1/3 Cup|
|Maple Syrup||1-2 Tblsp|
|Dijon Mustard||2 tsp|
|Salt & Pepper||to taste|
This is a great fall salad for a crowd. I found this on FoodGawker and I believe the original recipe was from Bluegalley.com. I made a few changes to simplify it. Don’t skip the step of soaking the Radicchio as it is important to take the bitter flavor away.
If you like Blue cheese feel free to substitute it for the Manchego, it would work well with the Pears & Walnuts.
- Thinly slice Radicchio and leave to soak in cold water for about 15-30 minutes.
- Thinly slice Fennel.
- Remove Kale from the stems and tear into small pieces.
- Add Arugula.
- Grate Manchego.
- Drain Radicchio and pat dry.
- Julienne Pears & dice Green Onions & Parsley.
- Mix Dressing.
- Toss everything together and serve right away.
- Garnish with Toasted Walnuts and Pomegranates.