Farmers Market Salad w/ Buttermilk Dressing & Cornbread Croutons
|Fresh Corn Cobs||5-6|
|Fresh Dill||1 Bunch|
|Fresh Italian Parsley||1/4 Cup|
|Greek Yogurt||1 Cup|
|White Wine Vinegar||2 Tablespoons|
|1/3 Cup||Olive Oil|
|Herb Blend||2 Tablespoons|
|Fresh Parsley||3-4 Tbsp|
|Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix||1 Package|
|Canola Oil||2-3 Tablespoons|
This salad combines some great early summer produce. This salad has such fresh flavors and textures, the Cornbread Croutons really kick it up a notch!
Some fresh Salmon would be great with this, also some Feta Cheese on top would a nice salty note.
I made the Cornbread Croutons using the 88c package of Jiffy Cornbread Mix, I used a 9×9 Brownie pan lined with some parchment paper. Cook as a whole cake according to the package and let cool, when its cool cut into 1-inch squares and drizzle with Canola Oil and a sprinkle of Kosher Salt. Cook on 350 for about 15 minutes until golden and crispy around the edges.
- Throw the Corn with the husks and all on into the microwave for about 5 minutes.
- When it’s cool enough to handle, take the husks and silk off the Corn then strip the Corn off the cob, I used a Mandoline to speed it up.
- Peel the Shallot then halve it and thinly slice it, let it sit in about 1/2 a cup of water and add a tablespoon of sugar and a couple of teaspoons of Salt. Set it aside this will take the sting out of the Shallot.
- Make the dressing by grating the Onion then whisking all the remaining ingredients until they combine together. I used Badia Seasoning to add to mine.
- Dice the Red Peppers and quarter the Cucumber, it easier if you halve it first. cut it into chunky pieces.
- Finely dice the Dill and Parsley.
- Drain the liquid from the Shallots and mix with the Corn, Red Peppers, Cucumber and the Dill & Parsley.
- Top with the Croutons and serve the Dressing on the side.