Feta, Spinach & Red Pepper Scrolls
Sour Cream Pastry
|Sour Cream||1 Cup|
|Butter||4 1/4 Tablespoons|
|Flour||2 3/4 Cups|
|Quick Rise Yeast||1 Package|
|Caster Sugar||2 teaspoons|
|Roasted Red Pepper Strips||1/2 Cup|
|Feta Cheese||1/2 Cup|
- Make the Pastry by adding the Water, Sour Cream & Butter to a small saucepan and heat until the Butter melts. Cool slightly.
- Combine the Flour, Yeast, Sugar & Salt in a bowl. Add the room temperature Sour Cream mixture and the Egg , knead until smooth then separate into two balls and aside for an hour until it has doubled in size.
- Dice the Red Onion and squeeze the Garlic, add to a small pan with a teaspoon or two of Oil and cook for about 2-3 minutes until slightly softened. Set aside to cool.
- Drain the Red Pepper strips and crumble the Feta.
- Grease a Muffin Tin.
- Pre Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- When the dough has risen roll each piece into a rectangle and lay Spinach, Red Pepper Strips, Onion/Garlic mixture and top with the Feta Cheese on one third of the Pastry. Roll up from the long side to encase all the filling, cut into pieces about 1 inch thick and place in the Muffin Tin, cover and set aside for 30-40 minutes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes , gently lift one corner of the scroll to check if the bottom is golden, continue cooking if not done.
- Serve warm.