Fresh Corn and Basil Tart with a Crunchy Cornmeal Crust
Corn Basil Filling
|Fresh Basil||1/2 Cup|
|Cream or Half & Half||1 Cup|
|Salt & Pepper|
|All Purpose Herb Seasoning||2 teaspoons|
Yummy summer tart with an amazing crunchy cornmeal crust!
- Make the Crust by adding the Butter, Sugar & Salt to a mixer and mix on medium high until blended, beat in the Egg until combined. Add in the Cornmeal and the Flour until the mixture comes together.
- Press into a disc shape, wrap in cling film and place in the fridge for at least 30-60 minutes.
- Pre Heat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Press the Dough evenly into a 9 inch Tart pan with a removable bottom, use the bottom of a flat glass to get an even texture.
- Cover Tart Shell with a double layer of foil and bake for 10 minutes, remove the foil and bake for 6 minutes more.
- While that’s cooking whisk together the remaining Eggs with the Cream, strip the Corn from the cob and add to the Egg mixture, roughly chop the Basil add to the bowl, season with the Salt & Pepper and Herb seasoning.
- Pour into the cooked shell and bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is not liquid.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes then remove the outside ring from the Tart then gently slide the bottom off.
- Serve warm.