Fresh & Easy Vegan Summer Rolls
|Shredded Red Cabbage||1 Cup|
|Sliced Green Onion||6|
|Green Leaf Lettuce||8 leaves|
|Fresh Mint Leaves||1/4 Cup|
|Large Rice Paper wrappers|
Peanut dipping Sauce
|Chunky Peanut Butter||1/2 Cup|
|Coconut Aminos or Gluten free Tamari||2-3 Tablespoons|
|Brown Sugar||1-2 Tablespoons|
|Coconut Milk||1/2 Cup-1 Can|
|Red Pepper Flakes||2-3 teaspoons|
I love these rolls so much that I always order them every time we go to a Thai restaurant and thankfully they are so easy to make! If you cant be bothered making the peanut sauce serve with store bought sweet chili sauce.
You could add Tofu or Shrimp to these if you like.
Dont wait for the Rice Paper wrappers to be soft before you take them out of the water, they get soft super fast a few seconds is all they need.
The Peanut Sauce doesn’t have exact measurements as it is according to taste, one tip is that you need to use a natural Peanut Butter (the one with the Oil on top) as the emulsified ones are really hard to thin out for dipping.
Make the Dipping Sauce first by whisking all the ingredients together and set aside, add as much Coconut Milk and Seasoning as you need to make it the consistency you like.
- Lay out all the Summer Roll ingredients, slice the Cucumbers into slivers and cut the hard ends of the Lettuce and cut in half lengthwise.
- Have a large bowl of water or a Baking tray full of water, big enough to fit the Rice paper wrapper with out folding it.
- Dip a Rice Paper Wrapper in the water for about 5 seconds then lay flat and place a lettuce leaf on the bottom part of the Rice Paper (if they are small top and tail them) then add a little of the Red Cabbage then Shredded Carrots, Cucumber slivers, Avocado slices and Mint and Cilantro Leaves.
- Start at the bottom, fold as much as you can over the Veges and then the sides while you roll up try to make the roll as tight as you can without tearing it ( you will stuff up the 1st one or 2 so dont worry).
- Slice in half when ready to serve with the dipping Sauce.