Fresh Radish Salad in Parmesan Baskets
|Green or Red Leaf Lettuce||1 Head|
|Snap Peas||1 Cup|
|Creme Fraiche||2 1/2 Tablespoons|
|Olive Oil||2 Tablespoons|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||2 Tablespoons|
|Fresh Ground Pepper||1/2 teaspoon|
|Grated Parmesan||1 1/2 Cups|
You can make the baskets or simply make parmesan crisps instead, it adds a great salty crunch to the salad.
- Make the Dressing by whisking all the ingredients together and season to taste. Place in the fridge until you need it.
- Make the Parmesan Baskets by heating the oven to 400 degrees, spoon the grated Parmesan onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Spread the Parmesan into the size you want the baskets to be, you can make them large or small, have an upturned glass or bowl so you can place the melted Parmesan on top and shape into a basket.
- Bake the Cheese for about 10 minutes (keep an eye on it as it can burn) you want to get a slightly golden color.
- You need to work quickly so they don’t set, as soon as they come out of the oven use a spatula scrape the Cheese circle on to the upturned glass and shape with your hands, you will only have a second as they harden pretty quickly.
- Tear the Lettuce and dice the Kale into small pieces add to a bowl.
- Dice the Radishes & Cucumbers add to the Lettuce.
- Cut the Snap Peas into smaller pieces and add to the bowl.
- Mix the Dressing through the Salad and spoon into the baskets and serve immediately.