Fried Cauliflower with Cheesy Mustard Sauce
|Panko Bread Crumbs||1 Box|
|Garlic Powder||2 Tablespoons|
|Onion Salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely Diced Fresh Parsley||3 Tablespoons|
|Black Pepper||2 teaspoons|
|Smoked Paprika||1 teaspoon|
Cheesy Mustard Sauce
|Whole Grain Mustard||2 Tablespoons|
|3 Cheese Blend||1 Cup|
|Garlic Powder||2 teaspoons|
|Salt & Pepper|
I was going to name this Vegetarian Fried Chicken, but it’s so good that it doesn’t need to be compared to anything!
This can be easily halved if you don’t need as much.
If you hate the goopy dredging part add the ingredients to separate zip lock bags and it will save you cleaning up a huge mess later.
- Trim the outer leaves from the Cauliflowers and place them on a plate with a little water in the bottom (I found it easier to pour it in after the plate was in the microwave) cover with cling film and microwave for 5 minutes. Remove the cling film and water and let them cool.
- When cool enough to handle cut each Cauliflower into quarters (if they are small leave them, if they are larger Cauliflowers cut hem in quarters again).
- Place Flour & Smoked Paprika in one bowl, beaten Eggs in another then the Panko on to a plate or bowl with the Garlic Powder, Onion salt, Parsley & Black Pepper.
- Dredge the Cauliflower in the Flour and then in the Eggs then the Seasoned Bread Crumbs. If any fall apart don’t worry they’ll still work.
- Make the Cheesy Mustard Sauce but melting the Butter in a saucepan until it bubbles add the Flour and continue to cook for about a minute. Remove from the heat and add the Milk, stir until smooth return to the heat and stir and cook for about 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir through the Mustard and Cheese. Add some Garlic Powder and Salt & Pepper.
- Heat the Oil to 335 Degrees or slightly higher and fry one of the pieces that have fallen apart, you want them to be golden brown like Fried chicken would look.
- Place the Cheesy Sauce on a serving dish and top with the Fried Cauliflower.