Gluten Free Onion Bhajis
|Tikka Masala Paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice Flour||1/4 Cup|
|Chick Pea Flour||3/4 Cup|
|Vegetable Oil for frying||4 Cups (approx)|
I love indian food and these are a tasty appetiser or side dish!
You can serve these with a side of Cucumber Mint Raita.
I used a Deep fryer but cooking these in a pot or pan of oil works fine, just test the temperature by dropping a little of the mixture in, it should sizzle and float to the top and not burn.
- Peel, halve and slice the Onions.
- Mince the Cilantro.
- Finely dice the Jalapeno.
- Add the Spices to the bowl.
- Heat the Oil to 350 degrees.
- Mix the Onions and spices together so they are evenly coated.
- Add the Flours to the mix and add just enough water to make a thick paste.
- Shape the Onion mixture into a small patty shape and drop into the hot oil.
- It will only take a minute or 2 then flip them and cook for a minute until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.