Grilled Cabbage Wedges with Dijon Onion Sauce
|Green Cabbage||1 Whole|
|Olive Oil||2 Tblsp|
Dijon Onion Sauce
|Butter||1/2 Cup or 1 Stick|
|Dijon Mustard||2-3 Tblsp|
|Salt & Pepper||to taste|
Here’s another easy recipe that changes a rather boring ingredient into one people might actually want to eat.
The recipe is simple and the sauce adds a little extra boost but it really doesn’t need anything beyond that. If you don’t have a grill pan you can roast these in a 400 degree oven for about 5- 10 minutes each side.
- Thinly slice peeled onion and add to a pot with the butter & dijon and stir over a medium heat until onions are soft but not brown, when soft blend with a stick blender or food processor/blender (if you don’t want to blend it its fine as it is, season with salt & pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Cut cabbage into quarters and then halve those quarters again keeping the core intact as it needs it to hold the cabbage together while it cooks.
- Rub or brush each cabbage segment with the olive oil. Sprinkle with a little salt & pepper then place in a hot grill pan or BBQ.
- Grill for about 5 minutes each side until its a little soft but still slightly crunchy and green.
- Serve with sauce on the side.