Grilled Cauliflower with Herbed White Bean Puree
|Cannelini Beans||2 Cans|
|Fresh Thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh Rosemary||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh Parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable Stock||1-2 Cups|
|Red Onion||3 Tablespoons|
|Fresh Parsley||3 Tablespoons|
Yum, grilled cauliflower! Who would have thought it was a thing? Well, Jamie Oliver that’s who! It’s pretty great to be honest.
- Start by trimming the leaves off the base then cooking the Cauliflower by putting it in large pot of boiling, salted water for about 3 minutes, take it out and let it cool.
- Make the Puree by peeling and slicing the Onion and sautéing over a low/medium heat in a pan with a couple of teaspoons of Oil you don’t want to brown them just soften them
- Finely chop the Herbs and add them to the Onions.
- Then drain the Cannellini Beans and add them to the Onion mixture, cook until all heated through then blend in a food processor then place back in the pot or with a stick blender.
- Add the Stock a little at a time until you have the texture you like. Season it to taste.
- Heat up a grill pan to medium high.
- Quarter the Cauliflower and rub each piece with a little oil and cook on each side for a minute or two until you can see the grill marks.
- Season with a little Salt & Pepper.
- Spoon the Puree onto a plate and top with the Cauliflower pieces and chop some Parsley and diced Red Onion and serve.