Grilled Pineapple Salad with Curry Dressing
|Mustard Greens||2-3 Cups|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoons|
|Curry Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey or Agave||1 Tablespoon|
Fire up the grill one last time before summer’s gone!
I used Mustard Greens, they are a peppery flavored leaf, if you don’t like that use Kale or any type of Lettuces.
- Trim the top and bottom off the Pineapple.
- Cut all the tough skin off the Pineapple.
- Slice the Pineapple into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Cut the tops and bottoms off the Red Peppers, then slice down the sides of the Peppers so they are in about 3-4 large pieces.
- Brush each Pineapple slice and Red Pepper piece with a little Olive Oil or just dump them in a bowl and swish a little oil into it and toss them.
- Place on a medium hot grill.
- Make the Dressing by mixing the Curry Powder with the Honey & Lemon Juice
- While that’s cooking tear the Mustard Greens into bite size pieces and arrange on a platter.
- When the Pineapple has good grill marks on it turn them over, do the same for the Red Pepper but it will take less time.
- Let the Pineapple and Red Pepper cool to room temperature before cutting.
- Cut the Pineapple rounds in half and cut the Red Peppers into a large dice, place in a bowl and add a little of the Dressing.
- Arrange on top of the Greens, add Cilantro and drizzle the rest of the Dressing over the Salad.