Halloumi Peach Asparagus Salad
|Mixed Greens||3 Cups|
|Trader Joes Sliced Halloumi Cheese||8 oz package|
|Fresh Basil||1 Cup packed|
|Pine Nuts||1/4 Cup|
|Olive Oil||1/2 Cup|
|Salt & Pepper|
A summer salad that involves very little work (my favorite kind!) This salad is best served when the cheese is right out of the pan, so prepare everything else first and grill the cheese right before serving. French Bread is a fantastic side with this dish.
I found sliced Halloumi at Trader Joes.
- Start by grilling the Asparagus and slicing the Zucchini as thin as you like, if your Asparagus is a little on the thick side slice them lengthwise before grilling, toss with a little Olive Oil and Salt and throw into a grill pan for a minute or so until, flip it over so you can see grill marks on both sides. Set aside while you prepare the rest.
- Slice the Fresh Peaches.
- Add the Mixed Greens to a bowl.
- Make the Pesto Dressing by zesting and juicing the Lemon, roughly chop the Garlic and add to a food processor with the Pine Nuts and Parmesan and Basil, whizz it up and while the motors running add the Olive Oil until it all comes together. Season with salt & pepper.
- Place the Peach slices and the Grilled Vegetables to the Mixed Greens.
- In the grill pan add a little Olive Oil then the sliced Halloumi. Grill until its got a golden color is crunchy on the outside.
- Drop spoonfuls of the Pesto dressing on the Salad.