Heart Shaped Beet Salad
|Roasted Pistachios||1/3 Cup|
|Beet Slices||1 jar|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1/4 Cup|
|White Balsamic Vinegar||4 teaspoons|
|Grainy Mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey or Agave||1 teaspoon|
A super easy salad that packs a visual punch as well as flavor!
Add Feta or Goat Cheese if you like.
I used a small heart-shaped cookie/fondant cutter to get the heart shapes.
I used a small jar of Beet slices I found at Walmart if you can be bothered with the shapes just buy the small baby Beets. Avoid the canned ones as they are dull colored.
- Make the Dressing by whisking the ingredients together.
- Drain the Beets and select the larger slices and press out the heart shapes and set aside.
- Thinly slice the Cucumbers lengthwise.
- Place the Arugula in a large bowl.
- Place the Cucumber strips on top and then the Beets.
- Crush the Pistachios and throw on top.
- Add the Dressing right before serving or leave on the side.