Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cakes for 2
|Chocolate Chips||1/2 Cup|
|Cocoa Powder||1 Tablespoon|
Yes I finally got an Instant Pot! So far its a little hit or miss with the cooking times and since I was getting sick of Pasta I tried these and I really love that I only have to make two. The texture is a little more spongy than cake-y which is a bit like a steamed pudding.
The first one (not pictured) was liquid so I threw the second one in the microwave for 15 seconds and it was fine.
I also cheated and put a Milk Chocolate Lindor Truffle in the center, but you could put any flavor inside.
I used the recipe I found on Triedtested&true.com.
- Grease 2 ramekins well and set aside.
- Melt the Chocolate Chips and Butter in a microwavable bowl, I used a pyrex measuring cup. Do it for 30 seconds 1st and then 15 second intervals until melted.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes and then add the Eggs mix until completely blended.
- Add the Vanilla, Flour & Cocoa Powder mix until just combined.
- Pour evenly into the greased ramekins, if you want to poke a unwrapped Lindor Truffle into the center.
- Pour a cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the trivet inside, then place the ramekins on the trivet.
- Set on manual for 7-10 minutes (I should have done 10), do a quick pressure release and take the ramekins out with tongs or a an oven glove and turn upside down onto a serving plate, serve immediately.
- If its too runny when you take it out of the Instant Pot (it will wobble too much when you shake it) stick it in the microwave for 15 seconds on high.