Key Lime Ice Cream Sandwiches
No Churn Ice Cream
|Sweetened Condensed Milk||1 Can|
|Heavy Cream||2 Cups|
|Key Lime Juice||5 Tablespoons|
|Clear Vanilla||2 teaspoons|
|Toasted Coconut||1 Cup|
You don’t need an ice cream maker to make this ice cream, to make it even easier you can use store bought ice cream, I figured since the cookies were from a package I’d at least put in some effort!
I found the Coconut Cookies at a Latin Market, I also made some with the Pepperidge Farm White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies, they were pretty awesome.
- Crush the Shortbread cookies and set aside.
- Toast the Coconut in dry pan until golden brown, watch it like a hawk or it will burn, keep it moving around the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Mix the Condensed Milk, Lime Juice & Vanilla together.
- Beat the Cream to stiff peak stage.
- Gently fold the Lime mixture into the Whipped cream until combined.
- Place a couple of tablespoons of Shortbread Crumbs into the bottom of a loaf pan.
- Spoon over half the Cream mixture then layer again with Crumbs.
- Spoon the remaining Cream mixture and top with the remaining Crumbs.
- Cover and freeze overnight.
- About 40 minutes before you assemble them, take the Ice Cream out of the freezer to thaw a bit.
- Scoop Ice Cream onto 1 Cookie and sandwich with another one, squeeze gently so the Ice Cream pokes out the sides, roll in the Toasted Coconut and place back in the freezer or eat it right away.