Late Summer Salad with Cornbread Croutons
|Heirloom Tomatoes||3 Large|
|Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes||1 Cup|
|Cornbread||1 Large Piece|
|Fresh Mint Leaves||1/4 Cup|
Pistachio Basil Vinaigrette
|Roasted Salted Pistachios||1/2 Cup|
|Olive Oil||1/2 Cup|
|White Wine Vinegar||2 Tablespoons|
|Fresh Basil Leaves||1/2 Cup|
|Fresh Ground Pepper||1 teaspoon|
Summer is winding down but there is so much great produce around and this salad combines a few of them!
I used store bought Cornbread for these but feel free to make your own if you like, just make the Cornbread the day before so it doesn’t fall apart.
- Start by making the Dressing….Add everything but the Oil to a food processor and add about 1/4 Cup of Water to get it all moving, with the processor running slowly add the Oil and any more water until you get the desired consistency.
- Cut the Cornbread into cubes and either add to a hot pan with a little Oil in it and cook until toasted. Or you can bake them in a 400 degree oven until crisp.
- Heat a grill pan and cut up the Peaches into slices and coat with Oil, grill about 30 seconds on each side so you can see the grill marks.
- Cut the Watermelon into cubes, slice the large Tomatoes into thick slices, halve the small Tomatoes, slice the Cucumbers.
- Add Arugula to a serving plate and top with the ingredients, tear the Mint Leaves and serve with the Dressing.