Lemony Green Bean Pasta Salad
|Casarecce Pasta||12 oz Box|
|French Green Beans||1/2 Pound|
|Fresh Thyme||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon Zest||5 teaspoons (split)|
|Roasted Salted Pistachios||1/4 Cup|
|Champagne Vinegar||2 Tablespoons|
|Olive Oil||6 Tablespoons|
|Fresh Parmesan||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon Juice||4 Tablespoons|
This could be served as a warm pasta dish instead of a salad.
Any long pasta will do for this recipe if you don’t want to use this type which can be a little more expensive just use Penne Pasta.
- Cook the Pasta according to the package, about 10-12 minutes.Make the Dressing by roughly chopping the Shallots & Garlic and placing them and the Pistachios in a food processor and blending, next add the Vinegar and Lemon Juice & half the Zest, with the motor running, add the Oil and blend until emulsified. If you think it is too thick add a little more Oil or water.
- When the Pasta is drained add a little Olive Oil and swirl it around to coat it.
- Blanch the Green Beans by placing them briefly (about 90 seconds) into boiling water ( I used the Pasta water). As soon as they are bright green and slightly tender they are done, run them under cold water and place in the freezer for a couple of minutes).
- Mix the dressing & Fresh Thyme through the Pasta and Green Beans and place on top of the Arugula and serve.
- Top with the remaining Lemon Zest and Grated Fresh Parmesan before serving.