Marshmallow Rocky Road Easter Slice
|Rice Flour||1/4 Cup|
|Brown Sugar||1/2 Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 teaspoon|
|Caster/Bakers Sugar||1.5 Cups|
|Light Corn Syrup||3/4 Cup|
|Water||1/2 Cup + 1/4 Cup|
|Strawberry Candy Flavor||2-3 drops|
|Pink Food Coloring||1-2 drops|
|Milk Chocolate Chips||1.25 Cups|
|Cadbury Mini Eggs||1 Cup|
|Strawberry Jelly Beans||1/2 Cups|
This is a great way to use up any leftover Easter candy! You can even use whatever candy you like. I made the chocolate layer a little too thick so it wasn’t that easy to cut so make sure it is evenly spread.
- Pre Heat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Make the Shortbread Base first by adding all the Base ingredients into a food processor and mix until combined and a dough forms. Press into a brownie pan that has been lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add 1/2 Cup of water to a mixing bowl of a stand mixer and sprinkle with Gelatin. Set aside for 10 minutes to bloom while you heat the Sugar.
- In a saucepan combine the 1/4 Cup of Water, Caster Sugar & Corn Syrup, heat gently until the Sugar has dissolved and begins to boil, when it reaches 235 Degrees remove it from the heat ( if you don’t own a thermometer place a cup of cold water next to the stove and drip a little syrup into it when it is at a stage where it doesn’t dissolve and it is tacky and soft it is ready).
- Start the stand mixer with the whisk attachment and slowly add the hot syrup to the bowl with the Gelatin, slowly increase to high and add the Flavor and Color continue whisking until it has quadrupled in volume and the bowl is no longer hot to the touch.
- Working quickly pour the Marshmallow mixture over the Shortbread Base and smooth with a spatula so its even. Set aside at room temperature for 3-4 hours until set.
ROCKY ROAD LAYER
- Melt the Chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at 1 minute at fist then at 30 second intervals until mostly melted, stir until completely smooth, let cool slightly as you don’t want to melt the Easter Candy.
- Stir through half of each of the Candies and pour over the Marshmallow layer while it still soft press the remaining Candies into the Chocolate and place in the fridge to harden for about 15 minutes.