Non Dairy Frozen Hot Chocolate
|Any Non Dairy Milk||3 Cups|
|Powdered Hot Chocolate Mix||3/4 Cup|
|Non Dairy Whipped Cream|
|Chocolate Poky Sticks||8|
|Melted Chocolate||1/4 Cup|
This is a simple to make non-dairy dessert with ingredients you probably have already!
This is loosely based on the Frozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity 3 in New York, this is much more scaled back version (good luck finishing the original ! never have yet).
I used Ghirardelli powdered mix but here is a list of Non Dairy mixes.
The Chocolate chips are for decoration however the best Chocolate brands are Dairy Free like Guittard & Scharffen Berger and the Kirkland brand at Costco as well.
I used Reddi Wip Coconut Whipped Topping in a canister as I used Coconut Milk in the shake. You can tailor this to anything flavor you want as Reddi Wip makes a Chocolate one as well. I found them at WalMart.
- Melt the Chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals until liquid, dip the rim of the serving glass into it, twist until it coats the rim. Place each one in the freezer while you make the shake.
- Whizz the Chocolate mix and the “Milk” in a blender until combined.
- Remove the glasses from the freezer and place on the counter.
- Add the Ice to the blender and whizz together until no large chunks remain.
- Pour into glasses and top with the “Whipped Cream” , Chocolate sticks and a pinch of Hot Chocolate Powder.
- Serve immediately.